Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What do you desire to see in 2015?

Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
thepointe01

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thepointe01 is not the worst person
What do you desire to see in 2015?

So 2014 featured some big events, some duds tbh, what are some of your requests for 2015?

1)Math Hoffa get back on the horse and killin' kids-dude needs to be a part of battle rap, whether you like him or not, his persona needs to be in there.

2)Illmac on URL-this is a personal request given I'm a huge Illmac fan and that is probably the main argument against his status at the moment.

3)Marvwon brings his shit back-I know his last few big battles weren't that great, but when he's on, he's one of the best imo. He might have retired for all I know, but kill 'em Marv!!!

4)Lotta Zay becomes top tier-Dude deserves it tbh, and has the skills to be there.

5)Charron gets murdered in a battle-Not that I hate the kid, but he is getting a push I don't think he has the skills to back up, he has the work ethic, but definitely not the raw intangibles.

6)Mook battles and gets murdered-Dude definitely doesn't have the skills to back up his "holier than thou" attitude. I'd actually love to see T Rex battle him and incinerate him tbh.

7)Nocanado comes back and writes for a battle-I know he had that letter, but I am convinced that when he writes for a battle, the dude can bring serious shit. I hope he comes back to prove something. I'm not sure what he'd be proving, but it would be cool.

8)Philly rappers come back with a bang-Philly, along with Detroit, have some serious styles that I fuck with. And there are too many talented Philly battlers sitting on the sideline at the moment.

9)Aye Verb closes his career with one more classic-Hopefully, he has one more classic in him. It would have to be an opponent he really truly wants to crush, but I think he has it in him.

10)World Domination comes back-Big one for me, I always appreciated the battles, and even if I didn't know the dude battling, it seemed that everyone pretty much brought their all to that event. But that's for later KOTD, make a classic out of Blackout!!!
thepointe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #2
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
bigg k to get some more mainstream respect ;

hes the best battle rapper out ; someone get him in the ring vs the other #1 battler hollow ; hopefully he gets some good features on bigger rappers albums cuz k is a monster on tracks ; i hate to see him tossing out all this good material on battles and tracks that arent getting the attention and respect they deserve
Old 12-27-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
@thepointe01 I wanna see Organik battle again. He said he'll hop back in the ring when it's time.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
@thepointe01 I wanna see Organik battle again. He said he'll hop back in the ring when it's time.
I'd enjoy that, but only in a battle that matters, not one of those dumb out-of-nowhere battles freestyle against HFK or some shit, he def could heads off tho imo.

As far as Bigg K, I stayed away from him intentionally, I think he's crazy as shit, but there's been all too many threads made about him recently.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:15 AM   #5
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
return to cypher format

the new class cements itself
the newest class comes up

events figure out how to get thrown professionally (not going to happen)
ppv live streams standard

calicoe/pass/pat stay/bigg k/ness lee/jc/ty law on smack

lux vs
bigg k vs head ice
pass vs ars
bigg k vs t top
remy d vs

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:17 AM   #6
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
i wanna see new funny/wise/sarcastic battlers from canada

they used have reserves full and I miss heavy humor battles
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #7
InsertBigTGunSound
BLOCKA BLU BLOCKA

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
InsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time AustraliaInsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time Australia
I want to see more comedy battles.

Don't get me wrong i love street battles, but the comedy aspect that made GT great has lacked. Shuffle-T/Marlo have really been a breath of fresh air but the lack of variety amongst all leagues has been a detriment to battle rap.

Hopefully the return of Kid Twist/DFD spark renewed interest in comedy genre of battle rap.

Oh can't forget Carter Deems...need more of him
Old 12-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #8
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xthoroughb View Post
return to cypher format

lux vs
bigg k vs head ice
pass vs ars
bigg k vs t top
remy d vs
T Top>>>>>

Agreed def on k vs. head ice and t top, but remy d? I don't know, I was a fan, but he was absolutely awful in his last couple and seems like he's got some other issues to take care of.

Also, agreed completely on pass/ars. Rapping in battles>>>>
Old 12-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #9
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
return to cypher format

calicoe/pass/pat stay/bigg k/ness lee/jc/ty law on smack

lux vs
bigg k vs head ice
pass vs ars
bigg k vs t top
remy d vs
u can go straight to hell for bigg k vs t top

stop that forever ; that was really not even OK ;

the fuck yea lets just have bigg k waste his talent on ALL these no name flow jackers and steez stealers with no personality or originality ; lets do some more favors for these strugglers while bigg k cant even get respect for his top tier murders ;

fuck off forever 3x ;
Old 12-27-2014, 02:20 AM   #10
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepointe01 View Post
T Top>>>>>

Agreed def on k vs. head ice and t top, but remy d? I don't know, I was a fan, but he was absolutely awful in his last couple and seems like he's got some other issues to take care of.

Also, agreed completely on pass/ars. Rapping in battles>>>>
im one of the few that really like remys style especially his early battles

i hope he comes back on it thats what i mean

Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #11
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
i wanna see new funny/wise/sarcastic battlers from canada

they used have reserves full and I miss heavy humor battles
Yea, I kinda hope humor returns as well. But the problem is that a lot of people do that currently, not necessarily only in kotd in but in general, but not many are able to do it well. Hopefully, someone in KOTD brings that back well.

Marlo and Shuffle though>>>

Probably cuz they're the only ones coming up to do that style well currently.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #12
thekotdchain

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
thekotdchain probably likes in here/hair word play
I want to see the sensationalism stop among the battle rap fans in these forums. We have a chance to be positive and supportive, but in alignment with everything else in 2014, we are a community full of people waiting for every opportune moment to complain about something. A person, a performer, a fan, a league owner... the continual "how could you book x" remarks or... "this league is dead" .. or "brutal business decision" or... anything else. The shit needs to end. Once in a while, some contentious topics with some legitimate information can definitely be discussed around here... but I think lots of people would agree that the fucking joke negativity and perpetuation of the "exposing people" trend would be better off not existing. Let's just have some fun, enjoy what's given to us for free, have respect for one another, appreciate art, appreciate that owners and contributors are doing what they can to satisfy us and realize that not everyone can always be happy.

Happy 2015. Let's hope battle rap becomes a more positive environment on the forums.
  • Pat Stay
  • Real Deal
  • Head Ice

thekotdchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #13
thepointe01

Quote:
im one of the few that really like remys style especially his early battles

i hope he comes back on it thats what i mean
His earlier shit was on point, but I'm not sure he can get back to that, know what I mean, it would be interesting to see if he can though.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #14
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post

the fuck yea lets just have bigg k waste his talent on ALL these no name flow jackers and steez stealers with no personality or originality ; lets do some more favors for these strugglers while bigg k cant even get respect for his top tier murders ;

fuck off forever 3x ;
you dont like t top? im sayin k needs to get back on smack and battle a dude thats hungry...illmac was his closest battle all year cause it was early in so he was hungrier

Old 12-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #15
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Yea, I kinda hope humor returns as well. But the problem is that a lot of people do that currently, not necessarily only in kotd in but in general, but not many are able to do it well. Hopefully, someone in KOTD brings that back well.

Marlo and Shuffle though>>>

Probably cuz they're the only ones coming up to do that style well currently.
i been purposely avoiding them cuz all the talk made me think they were corny..only saw the wedding thing and not a fan

sounds like i should check em out asap
Old 12-27-2014, 02:23 AM   #16
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekotdchain View Post
I want to see the sensationalism stop among the battle rap fans in these forums. We have a chance to be positive and supportive, but in alignment with everything else in 2014, we are a community full of people waiting for every opportune moment to complain about something. A person, a performer, a fan, a league owner... the continual "how could you book x" remarks or... "this league is dead" .. or "brutal business decision" or... anything else. The shit needs to end. Once in a while, some contentious topics with some legitimate information can definitely be discussed around here... but I think lots of people would agree that the fucking joke negativity and perpetuation of the "exposing people" trend would be better off not existing. Let's just have some fun, enjoy what's given to us for free, have respect for one another, appreciate art, appreciate that owners and contributors are doing what they can to satisfy us and realize that not everyone can always be happy.

Happy 2015. Let's hope battle rap becomes a more positive environment on the forums.
yea i just ignore that shit most of the time

some of the time its funny tho

Old 12-27-2014, 02:23 AM   #17
thepointe01

Quote:

Hell yea, tho you need the detours and what not to come on every once in a while to keep shit interesting imo.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:25 AM   #18
thepointe01

Quote:
i been purposely avoiding them cuz all the talk made me think they were corny..only saw the wedding thing and not a fan

sounds like i should check em out asap
yea man, I completely get what you're saying, I do the same thing, but if you check out the bad bars battle and don't laugh, I'll buy you a beer. Provided you're ever in the dc area bro.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #19
WassPoppinB
Banned

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
1-I desire that lames like Lush leave battle rap

2-i desire that white fans that rate battle rap in a white supremacist way leave the battle rap culture(90%)

3-I desire that black battle rappers stop performing in white supremacy owned leagues except if they get alot of money and the white overrted oponent do it for free and get waxed like KILLA CASSIDY did !!

#Easy
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:28 AM   #20
averagejoe

Quote:
yea man, I completely get what you're saying, I do the same thing, but if you check out the bad bars battle and don't laugh, I'll buy you a beer. Provided you're ever in the dc area bro.
deal
Old 12-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #21
thepointe01

Quote:
deal
Be sure to let me know the results man
Old 12-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #22
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:

Amazing post
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #23
Kingpen
BANNED CAMP

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Kingpen is not the worst person
people of all colors learning to love and respect each other on RMBVA.

*SALTINE SWAGGA CREW*
*DOES CALISTHENICS WITH BIG T CREW*
*ANAL DESTRUCTION TASK FORCE COMMANDER*
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:44 AM   #24
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
Quote:

fuck off forever 3x ;
you kidding?

t top would beat bigg k 2-1
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #25
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Murray View Post
you kidding?

t top would beat bigg k 2-1
haha ; god forbid any kind of nonsense battle like that would ever occur ;

thankfully it most likely wont happen so i dont think we should entertain this dumb ass convo

hollow vs MC jasmin might be dope 2 ; side note
Old 12-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #26
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
qleen paper to get off the cocaine and make a triumphant comeback (i know he has it in him somewhere)
bill collector on KOTD/DF
more small room events with big names (always better atmosphere than stage battles)
cosign k vs ICE

also MUCH LESS of the following people: conceited, jjdd, DNA, arsonal, tycoon tax, danny myers, dizaster, goodz
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #27
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium sean View Post
qleen paper to get off the cocaine and make a triumphant comeback (i know he has it in him somewhere)
bill collector on KOTD/DF
more small room events with big names (always better atmosphere than stage battles)
cosign k vs ICE

also MUCH LESS of the following people: conceited, jjdd, DNA, arsonal, tycoon tax, danny myers, dizaster, goodz
Qleen at his best>>>>>
Eh, I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't find Bill Collector that good
Small room events>>>>

Disagree on Arsonal (well agree in the sense he has a battle every month or so, but he is entertaining as a mothefucker)

I'm in the minority, but DNA can create a good battle imo, he says dumb shit sometimes, but his battles can be very entertaining

Also, Goodz, I don't know how to feel, I feel like he has all the capability to be one of the best, but I can never really get into him, he did absolutely de-man Conceited tho, Con got worked bad in that one. Also, he was pretty damn good against Danja, he won that one.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:02 AM   #28
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
Quote:
haha ; god forbid any kind of nonsense battle like that would ever occur ;

thankfully it most likely wont happen so i dont think we should entertain this dumb ass convo

hollow vs MC jasmin might be dope 2 ; side note
you right, t top will have quickly moved past bigg k on URL, he'll 3-0 suge, then theyll prob give him someone like DNA or K Shine
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #29
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
More battlers coming out of retirement and live PPV events to avoid spoilers.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:05 AM   #30
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

lol at t top going anywhere

anyways ; in 2015 i hope to see a lot more holographic shit talking and um i think in '15 we will see the first ever rap battle to win a Tony

Last edited by uuuununnn; 12-27-2014 at 03:08 AM.
uuuununnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #31
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
2 round battles
bet type cyphers at events
shorter rounds on url
battle rappers performing songs at events #NoYaki
less danny myers
total slaughter 2
cassidy talking more shit in interviews
mainstream artist vs mainstream artist battles
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #32
Count Crappingsworth

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Count Crappingsworth is a PY Poster
A return to fun battles. KOTD creating an identity for themselves again. More new mcs coming outta canada. And of course, a return to JUDGED BATTLES
Count Crappingsworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy, noyaki