Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Gjonaj, after losing to Chilla, has 'retired'

Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #41
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
that's exactly why i retired. I remember the exact momet. I was at work (job), with a headache (health issues), hadn't written anything (real life) and felt like my writing was in a class of its own (non-existent)

so really we have a lot in common

This is the exact reason why I retired out of the blue, cashed out my five of years of retirement savings and began my trek out west.

Anyone got a couch I can crash on?
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #42
SketchMenace
VIP

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
SketchMenace is not the worst person
i realize this comment will most likely get flooded with responses about how i'm not as good as good of a battler as him as if that takes my ability to have an opinion away but...

Gjonij is not good. He's had some moments but jesus.... "i jumped off a cliff and found out i could fly!" Dudes like the Don Quixote of this shit. He talks about his material like he's Gob from arrested development talking about his "illusions".
SketchMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #43
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchMenace View Post
i realize this comment will most likely get flooded with responses about how i'm not as good as good of a battler as him as if that takes my ability to have an opinion away but...

Gjonij is not good. He's had some moments but jesus.... "i jumped off a cliff and found out i could fly!" Dudes like the Don Quixote of this shit. He talks about his material like he's Gob from arrested development talking about his "illusions".
nah you definitely better than gjonaj.

and that assessment is spot on, he had a couple really dope and "deep" type lines that put him on. he got a reputation for that and has been trying to recreate those types of moments ever since, with less success each time.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #44
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
Quote:

He has a lot of corny shit but so do you. He can write similes and wordplay lines ok, which is something you don't do extremely well. You both have cringeworthy voices and delivery. But I think you vs him would be a cool match.
r3flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #45
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
he is a solid writer imo. says some corny shit sometimes like everyone does, but honestly, if he had a less annoying voice/persona (big if) people here would probably love him. really don't think writing was his problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #46
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Quote:

He's by no means not good. He's original which in this day and age counts for a lot but he's nowhere near good enough to take himself as seriously as he does.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #47
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Sketch is definitely not better.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #48
SketchMenace
VIP

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
SketchMenace is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Sketch is definitely not better.
never once said that i was better. Just my opinion as a fan.
SketchMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #49
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
he does come across as a pseudo intellectual a lot of the time but he had a lot of original fresh material and then he just kinda got less important with every battle
Old 07-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #50
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
I had him winning against raptor and psychosis pretty clearly. I think he's pretty good I just hate his attitude.
This.

His attitude towards the crowd was so condescending it was ridiculous.

None of these guys retire. They just take a break and hope someone the pubic misses them so they could charge more.

Gjonaj had a pen but I'd be fine if I never saw another battle from him.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote