Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
now that people are finally realizing toronto sucks, what's next for KOTD?

Old 10-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
now that people are finally realizing toronto sucks, what's next for KOTD?

toronto events have been unwatchable for years with only few exceptions. awful crowds, questionable booking, underwhelming performances, we all know.

i didn't buy WD7, so i skimmed recaps to catch up on the results. it seems that the two events allowed fans, bloggers, etc. to realize the gap of quality between the cali and toronto divisions. that gap doesn't seem ignorable at this point.

hypothetically, what should KOTD do about it?

i'd like to see them ditch toronto for major events and start investing more in cali. the west coast holds more talent and is creative and marketable enough for KOTD to expand their brand. the west coast also has staff/connections with people who are much better at scouting rappers. i mean, a single bunker battle pushed geechi into up-and-comer hype and got fans privy to saynt while we're struggling to remember that kinda dope line shotti p said in his second round vs whoever he faced at the last blackout.

the west coast is probably my favorite scene in battle rap, so i've been losing interest in KOTD as they continue to attempt building outside of cali. it's cool though because we still got RYD and smack (SM6 >>>>>>>).

peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more big Cali events, and I think it'd be cool to see them do an event in Detroit or Chicago or something.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Ayo!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ayo! is a PY Poster
Smack is for black people. The white people that watch Smack probably look like Kevin Federline.
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #4
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayo! View Post
Smack is for black people. The white people that watch Smack probably look like Kevin Federline.
Facccts
Old 10-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Have they tried having one of their bigger events in Vancouver instead? Those GZ events are in Vancouver as far as I know so they could probably get the crowd in, and its still Canadian.

Or have they thought about branching out to a new area of the US? The couple DF events they did in Atlanta were pretty good, or Philly maybe
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Daaaaaaaaaaamn
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:38 PM   #7
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Old 10-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #8
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Pat, the White Guy on Smack, doesn't look like Kevin Federline. He looks like an accountant.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:58 AM   #9
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
They shou;d definitely become California focused

Toronto should get treated how they treat Vancouver now. Events without a high budget and 1 main event out of a towner flown in

Blackout and World Dom in Cali + Mass are the 3 big events and maybe you'll get some good surprises out of Canada a few times a year.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:26 AM   #10
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD was so unlucky getting birthed in Canada. If they had been birthed in the US, they could have avoided the necessity to even put on T-dot events.

Honestly I would make all T-dot events Canadian vs Canadian. Really nurture the very, very few Canucks that don't suck. Rotate the title matches between Cali and Canada and make some real grudge matches (the plucky Canadian up against the American come to steal the title).
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I think they are too "loyal" or just plain delusional, the difference has been clear for years and they never seem to acknowledge it. I agree that they should focus on the West more. It really is a shame Avo lost The Bunker because they had a good thing going with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:28 AM   #12
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
What would they change the league name to? KOTD wouldn't really be appropriate hahaha
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #13
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
it's become a social event to go to on a saturday night. i suggest small rooms. retrain the audience
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #14
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Vancouver's scene is real nice. I've had a blast every time I went there. Was at three events this year and battled at one. I think they deserve a big event. They always pack the house. 100 people every time minimum with great reaction.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #15
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Vancouver's scene is real nice. I've had a blast every time I went there. Was at three events this year and battled at one. I think they deserve a big event. They always pack the house. 100 people every time minimum with great reaction.
yeah, all vancouver is missing is battlers worth watching.

excluding illipsis.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:55 AM   #16
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Toronto for GZ Battles and GvG. World Domination in LA. Keep Massacre in Boston. Have Blackout in New York.
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #17
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
yeah, all vancouver is missing is battlers worth watching.

excluding illipsis.
Pigsty?

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:13 AM   #18
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Pigsty?
And I guess Rupert Common maybe? Thatís really it.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #19
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
kotd started going down the tubes once their target switched to becoming the top battle league in the world.. they whitewashed themselves by attempting to put on big stars who made their name in other leagues while completely ignoring the majority of their own talent.. battling was the most fun when kotd / smack / df all had competing identities.. now everyone wants to be a grimy thug.. i even liked charron better when he wasnt trying to be anything other than a gay little nerd
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote