Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
QOTR vs. West Coast Cancelled

Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #41
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
Damn shame that side bullshit got in the way of a could of been good event.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #42
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
I get its funny, but I've ever had any issues paying battlers other than issue and even then it wasn't on me. But yeah I'm sure if I read that post from "lush one" I'd spit my coffee out with lolz too
yea either way its still hilarious lol but i did feel proud hearing u look out for them battlers
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #43
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Nick H. you lookin like a bobble head in that first Instagram clip lol
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #44
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
lmao see this is the problem with battlers.

they need someone to TELL THEM not to perform if they didn't get their money.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #45
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica

@Nick H. bobble on, dog!
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #46
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Has this ever happened? Has an event ever been cancelled, hours after it was supposed to start?
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #47
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Has this ever happened? Has an event ever been cancelled, hours after it was supposed to start?
URL Armageddon.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 PM   #48
IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL is not the worst person
IKNEW this was going to happen I even said it as soon as I pointed out Lush was a part of the situation. Of course Lush assured me everything as ok on the very forum. Lush's dumb-ass even said the owners were teaching him something about business
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:46 PM   #49
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Was this the Time God's fault?
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:53 PM   #50
Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Was this the Time God's fault?
I'm listening to the Angry Fan interview with the promoter right now. Malathion introduced him on the call and then went hushhhhh.

It sounds like, Malathion and the Promoter Aaron couldn't pack the house and decided to cut their losses.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:57 PM   #51
Fingers

This interview is gold. Dude says he had to cancel 'to protect the brand'. Hahaha, what brand? You cancelled ya 1st show before it happened!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:08 AM   #52
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia

Anybody have time to give cliffs on this (almost) hour long interview ??
Old 10-18-2016, 01:11 AM   #53
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOWALL View Post
IKNEW this was going to happen I even said it as soon as I pointed out Lush was a part of the situation. Of course Lush assured me everything as ok on the very forum. Lush's dumb-ass even said the owners were teaching him something about business
Oh they did.. Just not like how I thought : /

At least it ain't my fault like silk the shocker this time lol

You're helluv a dik btw chill man wtf
Old 10-18-2016, 01:45 AM   #54
Fingers

Listened while cooking dinner. Here's the cliffs:

Malathion introduced Aaron, the promoter, who's been down since the 80s. He runs a security company in Hollywood. Here's his shhhh:

Wanted battlers to perform 1st

Was unhappy with the amount of people that wanted comp passes

Spent most of his time outside with the crowd trying to control who paid

There were 150-175 people in attendance. He envisioned a packed venue (held 900). Then he referenced NWA packing stadiums in the 90s.

'Debo was being Debo, yknow he from the East coast'. But he was careful not to throw shade.

States BDot and Aktive were real dudes (insinuating the other MCs were not).

Didn't want to ruin his brand by putting on a show with a limited crowd but then wished several times that he let the show go on.

He feels terrible for the fans and wants to throw a free show or something next time.

Claims full responsibility and wishes he got more help from Lush and Debo in terms of planning and advice (he should've enlisted held of some vets)

Malathion said 1 sentence and it was 'everybody was being all extra but I'll let Aaron speak on it", then Aaron said naaaaab I ain't saying no names.

Also Capa didn't take him to task. Seemed real empathetic.

Last edited by Fingers; 10-18-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:15 AM   #55
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yeah, that attendance number sounds right. Seemed about as packed as a normal Bunker event. Thanks for the cliff notes Fingers, greatly appreciated.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:16 AM   #56
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
who wanted to see this card though? dizaster is the only headliner, hows that gonna fill 900 espec when its against an undercard name like o'fficial.. smh.. dude was sold a false bag of goods or he is naive
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:27 AM   #57
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
only in battle rap can the promoter decide he's not doing the event when all the people supposed to perform are already there and ready.

shouldn't they ask for money in advance so they don't waste their time flying down?
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:42 AM   #58
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
On a side note, I feel like pass dodged a bullet here. A lot of people have pass losing his last 3 battles and calling this one a "must win". Also saw a lot of people saying that of all the girls 40barrs had the best chance of winning. Pass getting beat by TMB, JC, and brizz, and then having a debatable with a girl would not be a good look.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:47 AM   #59
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
'Debo was being Debo, yknow he from the East coast'.
Genuinely wondering what this means... Explain?
Old 10-18-2016, 04:15 AM   #60
Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Genuinely wondering what this means... Explain?
That was a direct quote from this Aaron promoter cat.

Dude was careful not to say anything ill about anyone, but I'm assuming Debo got funky with him over the whole thing. The promoter was very adamant in the interview that eyone got a deposit and would be paid AFTER the performance.

Last edited by Fingers; 10-18-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:20 AM   #61
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I don't know how you can't aggressively flyer in LA to get more than 150 people out to an event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:21 AM   #62
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
That was a direct quote from this Aaron promoter cat.

Dude was careful not to say anything ill about anyone, but I'm assuming Debo got funky with him over the whole thing. The promoter was very adamant in the interview that eyone got a deposit and would be paid AFTER the performance.
Huh. Good lookin
Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 AM   #63
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Says he's 55k in the hole and it would of cost another 25k if the event was to go through. Now I'm no mathematical wiz kid but even I can tell you if they filled the venue to capacity which was never going to happen he still wouldn't of recouped his investment.

The event was never going to be a success.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:23 AM   #64
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
On a side note, I feel like pass dodged a bullet here. A lot of people have pass losing his last 3 battles and calling this one a "must win". Also saw a lot of people saying that of all the girls 40barrs had the best chance of winning. Pass getting beat by TMB, JC, and brizz, and then having a debatable with a girl would not be a good look.
Money Bagz got him easily, and Pass didn't deny it lol... No Shame having a debatable with JC in Detroit....Not mad at anybody saying JC won, probably preference... That lead showers line from JC might be a top 5 punchline of the year, and he gets his lines out so crisp, without forcing wordplay like a lot do...

Anyway what battles did you miss not going down in this event?.... Personally, thought a few could be great, but also had the potential to be train wrecks at the same time....
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:41 AM   #65
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle Rap.. land of the faulty mathematics, and culture vulture hustling schemes.

That NWA was even mentioned in any context says everything. Folk really, really don't know a lick about business. Cats wilding outchea dropping big money with 0 return investment finna pop.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #66
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Pass getting beat by TMB, JC, and brizz, and then having a debatable with a girl would not be a good look.
No losers in that battle with JC. Being part of a great battle is always a good look.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT

Last edited by Emancee; 10-18-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #67
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
The word stand up guy don't even begin to describe the integrity of Bdot..
Old 10-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #68
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
explain
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #69
Poems 4 Man

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Poems 4 Man is not the worst person
Listend to AFR with Debo last night.

My issue is this:

Debo said he aint have nothing to do with the bag not being ready b/c all he did was license his brand for someone to use.

Hmmmm....

Well if that's the case, it's funny to know Debo got paid (cuz aint nobody licensing anything for free). So you gotta think, he got a handsome payment off top from wwf dudes.

Secondly, WHAT TERRIBLE BUSINESS IT IS to license your BATTLERAP brand to someone who has never run a BATTLERAP event before in a foreign city. (meaning away from your home audience).

Like Debo, please hold this L tight no matter how much you try to deflect.
Poems 4 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #70
iamHBY

Quote:
I'll admit I've had my issues with B-Dot in the past, but I do respect him for being the first person who said he was still down to battle that night, even after the event got shut down.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #71
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'll admit I've had my issues with B-Dot in the past, but I do respect him for being the first person who said he was still down to battle that night, even after the event got shut down.
How have u and bdot.. Literally the 2 nicest ppl in battle rap.. Ever in life have issues? Lolololllll
Old 10-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #72
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poems 4 Man View Post
Listend to AFR with Debo last night.

My issue is this:

Debo said he aint have nothing to do with the bag not being ready b/c all he did was license his brand for someone to use.

Hmmmm....

Well if that's the case, it's funny to know Debo got paid (cuz aint nobody licensing anything for free). So you gotta think, he got a handsome payment off top from wwf dudes.

Secondly, WHAT TERRIBLE BUSINESS IT IS to license your BATTLERAP brand to someone who has never run a BATTLERAP event before in a foreign city. (meaning away from your home audience).

Like Debo, please hold this L tight no matter how much you try to deflect.

Debo ain't get paid.. He was trying to get his artist's paid bro..
Gotta be careful bout licensing.,.

If y'all really knew how smart KOTD was y'all would bug
Old 10-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #73
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Debo ain't get paid.. He was trying to get his artist's paid bro..
Gotta be careful bout licensing.,.

If y'all really knew how smart KOTD was y'all would bug
Ogmios wasn't on WD6. They aren't that smart Lush.
KOTD should be branding themselves differently. You've taken hard drugs. 2 mins into an acid trip could change the whole way KOTD should be doing things.

Please don't reply I try not to read this thread. Ogmios wasn't on WD6
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #74
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
Ogmios wasn't on WD6. They aren't that smart Lush.
KOTD should be branding themselves differently. You've taken hard drugs. 2 mins into an acid trip could change the whole way KOTD should be doing things.

Please don't reply I try not to read this thread. Ogmios wasn't on WD6
Maybe they tried?

What drugs ? Teeheehee
Old 10-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #75
iamHBY

Quote:
How have u and bdot.. Literally the 2 nicest ppl in battle rap.. Ever in life have issues? Lolololllll
Eh, it's a bit of a weird story, but after a conversation at Traffic 2 (and a nice Mike P jab on Sunday while B-Dot was walking the line), I think we're good now.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #76
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Eh, it's a bit of a weird story, but after a conversation at Traffic 2 (and a nice Mike P jab on Sunday while B-Dot was walking the line), I think we're good now.
Lemme guess... You were hating on something, got confronted, and then turned into an nice guy?

Btw, why would you be hating on mike p?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:53 PM   #77
iamHBY

Quote:
Lemme guess... You were hating on something, got confronted, and then turned into an nice guy?

Btw, why would you be hating on mike p?
Eh, it started as a slight misunderstanding over Twitter, then I kinda got reckless with making his business dealings with other leagues public. After he asked me if I had a neighborhood problem with him (since I live about 10-15 minutes away from him), we had a pretty constructive conversation about the tweaks I think he could make as a battler (as far as an editing process and whatnot).

As far as the Mike P thing, KG tried to book B-Dot vs. Mike P for a December URL event out here, and Mike P apparently doesn't want to battle him out here because he thinks the crowd will be bias, I just made a quick remark to break the ice with B-Dot to let him know that I'll just keep my criticism purely constructive.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #78
IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL is not the worst person
Quote:
Oh they did.. Just not like how I thought : /

At least it ain't my fault like silk the shocker this time lol

You're helluv a dik btw chill man wtf
Stop with it is not my fault BS. While you attract some good people (shout out to your wife) you also attract or put your trust in bad people. There is a long list of both. Your problem is you cant discern the good from the bad. You put your name on this thing. You promoted it and you vouched for the people involved. You cant just deflect the blame to others . You need to own this shit.
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #79
Nick H.

I'll own that cuz u right ..

I can't help being such a magnetic person KNOW, i srsly can't
Old 10-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #80
Nick H.

Quote:
Eh, it started as a slight misunderstanding over Twitter, then I kinda got reckless with making his business dealings with other leagues public. After he asked me if I had a neighborhood problem with him (since I live about 10-15 minutes away from him), we had a pretty constructive conversation about the tweaks I think he could make as a battler (as far as an editing process and whatnot).

As far as the Mike P thing, KG tried to book B-Dot vs. Mike P for a December URL event out here, and Mike P apparently doesn't want to battle him out here because he thinks the crowd will be bias, I just made a quick remark to break the ice with B-Dot to let him know that I'll just keep my criticism purely constructive.
U said "I don't een bang homie" lol jp

Tags
fuck the culture blood