Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Main Stage > RBL
RBL Season 2 Week 6 Prediction/Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #201
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Is there going to be like a scoreboard of who voted for who on what category? That would be cool
i'm not quite sure what you mean so I'll say maybe
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #202
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
i'm not quite sure what you mean so I'll say maybe
Like this:

MVP:

1. PRELEC (35.4%)
2. PRELEC (27.8%)
10. PRELEC (0.81%)

and so on
Old 04-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #203
SuckaFreeCashier

SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Like this:

MVP:

1. PRELEC (35.4%)
2. PRELEC (27.8%)
10. PRELEC (0.81%)

and so on
i'm going to be doing some sort of fancy write up , i'll take this idea into consideration!!!
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #204
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
RMBVA Rookies vs. Vets...

Smokinstein vs. RonSimmons

and more...
yeah this is a great idea

@KBomb @Seanzo

end of season event? maybe even turn the finial match into a card where its rookie vs vets with rbl final as the main event
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #205
Prelec
kevin

Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
yeah this is a great idea

@KBomb @Seanzo

end of season event? maybe even turn the finial match into a card where its rookie vs vets with rbl final as the main event
Let the rookies prove themselves against the vets......me!!!! the vettest of them all!!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #206
RonSimmons

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RonSimmons is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShazo View Post
I dont know, wont fault anyone for voting for what they like or writing how they like, its all in fun. to me personally bars/punches win battles to me. I dont really care about multis,

i mean crossovers, and spinning the ball on your finger is fancy, looks cool, but 3 pointers, slam dunks is what wins the game. to each their own tho.
but who is to say what each of those relates to, know what I mean?

if you read my earlier post, not sure if you did, I stated that rhyming well and creatively as well as flowing are fundamentals to rapping, whereas metaphors are things that anyone can do regardless of their interest or involvement in hip hop... so I kinda see the crazy punchline focus stuff as the "flashy" stuff... akin to those dudes who do really amazing dunks for fun because they are insanely talented athletes... but at the end of the day they don't really play basketball because the rest of their game is weak...

I'm not against punchlines, just of the view that if it's the only thing you have, I don't really rock with it... I'd rather see solid fundamentals that display an understanding of what would sound good if it was actually rapped, if you can throw nice punches on top of that then you're gonna be the best
Old 04-13-2015, 04:46 PM   #207
RonSimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Smokinstein View Post
I might seem like a hater, I'm jus not a yes man.
Ima keep it 1000 wit'cha,niggas don't be tryna hurt niggas feelings,so they lie to u.
About how well u.write....me! Personally I think u ok, but u spit mixtape verses.
theses are battles, you need to attack more, or die, when u battle niggas like riffic.
U shouldnt even got that one vote.

Then niggas be hyping a couple of y'all up too much..

Only new nigga that was really cooking was tomb.
Which dank would've got him if he wasn't slippin.
The rest of u new niggas Haven't impressed me.
I don't really think you gotta attack your opponent the entire time

battling is not only about showing how weak your opponent is, it's also about showing how good you are... you can do that by simply just rapping better
Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #208
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSimmons View Post

battling is not only about showing how weak your opponent is, it's also about showing how good you are... you can do that by simply just rapping better
I agree with this, but it is much more true for live battling than text battling. No matter who nice you rhyme and how impressive the fluidity, a little bit is lost once you have somebody else reading it.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #209
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
@KBomb, @SonnyDaze and I have decided a coin toss is the most fair way to settle second and third. He has a harder strength of schedule (faced CBA and not Ekelon), but I have a higher vote percentage. Since any measure off of that is arbitrary, a coin toss seems the most fair way to decide.
See.. that's some bullshit, there's no way in fuck that one of y'all shouldn't make the
Playoffs.

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #210
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
but who is to say what each of those relates to, know what I mean?

if you read my earlier post, not sure if you did, I stated that rhyming well and creatively as well as flowing are fundamentals to rapping, whereas metaphors are things that anyone can do regardless of their interest or involvement in hip hop... so I kinda see the crazy punchline focus stuff as the "flashy" stuff... akin to those dudes who do really amazing dunks for fun because they are insanely talented athletes... but at the end of the day they don't really play basketball because the rest of their game is weak...

I'm not against punchlines, just of the view that if it's the only thing you have, I don't really rock with it... I'd rather see solid fundamentals that display an understanding of what would sound good if it was actually rapped, if you can throw nice punches on top of that then you're gonna be the best
I see your point I guess in my case I focus more so on punchlines, because I don't actually rap. I write my text battles more so in a sense of "talking shit in a rhyming/semi rhyming form, oppose to if I was spitting these bars on a track or something. <<Probably why my shit is often "wordy" or choppy in places.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #211
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
lol @JShazo you need to brush up that basketball metaphor. 3 pointers and slam dunks are both fancy and look cool
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 04-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #212
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Smokinstein View Post
See.. that's some bullshit, there's no way in fuck that one of y'all shouldn't make the
Playoffs.
Oh, it's for second and third place. Winner of the coin toss faces third place in group 2 and the loser faces 2nd place in group 2.

Mind you, I think that's how the matches go? Not 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 04-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #213
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Fuck you mean..

This ain't know ain't no back in the day shit, where we battlin indirectly.
Rappin bout a watch, against a nigga who got bars, is gonna get u kilt.
You go head and think u dnt gotta attack all the time.

Who cant do a verse full of filler.
Thats the easy shit, the hard part is attackin your opponent creatively.
If you ain't got bars like that cool...but don't give me that bs about attackin ain't that important. When that's the reason niggas battle.

Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 04-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #214
JShazo

JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
lol @JShazo you need to brush up that basketball metaphor. 3 pointers and slam dunks are both fancy and look cool
I dont watch basketball either,
Old 04-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #215
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Quote:
Oh, it's for second and third place. Winner of the coin toss faces third place in group 2 and the loser faces 2nd place in group 2.

Mind you, I think that's how the matches go? Not 100% sure.
Oh.... my badd, I was trippin..
I was bout to say tho.... I thought y'all two were.cookin all.season

Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #216
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Coin flip sounds fairest to me. I also like the idea of an end of season event, we should definitely work that out after the playoffs. Sorry the threads haven't been closed yet, bout to go do that

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
Old 04-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #217
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
lmao @KBomb

i hate being frowned upon, if it makes it better i voted on every single battle the same night they dropped n did pretty big write ups for each
Old 04-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #218
JShazo

is there a break before playoffs are we jumpin right into it @KBomb
Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #219
KBomb
2dope4you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
lmao @KBomb

i hate being frowned upon, if it makes it better i voted on every single battle the same night they dropped n did pretty big write ups for each
Then why leave out the links??? It's the easiest part

Old 04-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #220
KBomb
2dope4you

Quote:
is there a break before playoffs are we jumpin right into it @KBomb
Theres a week break, playoffs will be posted on this coming Sunday

Old 04-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #221
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
Then why leave out the links??? It's the easiest part

cuz i was so overly excited when u were posting the battles i forgot to grab em
Old 04-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #222
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Also, @V.Free and @Ass Napkin Ed are tied for third place in their group. Since V.Free is going to be hurt by the no show, do people feel they should battle for third place? 8 bars due by Thursday?
I'm here
lets do it

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #223
JShazo

so if I understand the formula of thatguys bracket break down..first round will put me against @TomB or @Dank Schrader but I could be completely wrong
Old 04-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #224
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
so if I understand the formula of thatguys bracket break down..first round will put me against @TomB or @Dank Schrader but I could be completely wrong
tom beat dank so it would be dank as 3rd in group 4
Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #225
JShazo

Quote:
tom beat dank so it would be dank as 3rd in group 4
but with danks win against deatstare wouldnt that put him at 4-1 also? being tom b didnt' battle this week. or did he? i dont pay attention to shit
Old 04-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #226
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
but with danks win against deatstare wouldnt that put him at 4-1 also? being tom b didnt' battle this week. or did he? i dont pay attention to shit
They both are 4-1, so the head to head is the first tie breaker.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #227
JShazo

i should get a bye anyway.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #228
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
There will be a post season event.
@RonSimmons vs @Blanco14 will be on it. Same with @Prelec vs @SpecialOh. More matches to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #229
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i'll battle @TomB on that if we don't meet in the playoffs
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #230
Prelec
kevin

The event is called ''Prelec versus some guy and some other people who will battle''
Old 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #231
JShazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
i'll battle @TomB on that if we don't meet in the playoffs
that would be a dope battle.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #232
averagejoe
©

Quote:
The event is called ''Prelec versus some guy and some other people who will battle''
some1 called me a more coherent version of u this week

wat an insult to you
Old 04-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #233
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
@Prelec vs @SpecialOh. More matches to come.
Wow, best card ever

@JShazo I can't wait to battle you......again.......[SARCASM]yay[/SARCASM]
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #234
JShazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
Wow, best card ever

@JShazo I can't wait to battle you......again.......[SARCASM]yay[/SARCASM]

bring your best materiall.......so I can no show
Old 04-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #235
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
some1 called me a more coherent version of u this week

wat an insult to you
Sad thing I proved that wrong before that guy even said it

in the first week

But hey, no hard feeling, i fuck w/ you(nohomo)

Looking forward to our next battle, we should make it a classic
Old 04-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #236
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
Coin flip sounds fairest to me. I also like the idea of an end of season event, we should definitely work that out after the playoffs. Sorry the threads haven't been closed yet, bout to go do that
This sounds dope, if im not in the finals sign me up
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #237
RonSimmons

Quote:
I agree with this, but it is much more true for live battling than text battling. No matter who nice you rhyme and how impressive the fluidity, a little bit is lost once you have somebody else reading it.
yeah I for sure agree with that, I'm not really mad about it, just trying to share a different perspective. the way I see it, the brag type raps and the dissing your opponent content are the yin and yang of battling. I think some diversity to the competition is good for the tournament.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #238
JShazo

Quote:
@RonSimmons vs @Blanco14 will be on it. Same with @Prelec vs @SpecialOh. More matches to come.
setting up @DanK schrader vs @The Kurgan with @Jimbo Slice as special host
Old 04-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #239
RonSimmons

Quote:
I already killed that clown. I'm not sure if I wanna waste my time writing for him again... but I could be open to a post season event
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #240
riffic
RYD ;

i don't understand the aversion to braggadocio,* making yourself look better than the other dude is the same net effect as making them look worse

*hahaha i made sure to say that the whitest way possible
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
bars, barz, dank losin!, eminem, iggy, kbomb buildin suspense!, kbomb flippin!, macklemore, post518927, racismwhitesupremacy, seanzo frettin over a coin toss, ssg, tails never fails, wake