Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What happened after Webster Hall closing down URL 's event Armageddon


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
rocky
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
What happened after Webster Hall closing down URL 's event Armageddon

Did fans ever get their money back from webster hall?

Did fans ever get money back from when they closed down the Gramercy theatre where they only were able to tape yung Ill vs jc?

Did smack ever end up suing webster hall as they mentioned in their blog?

Were there any other battles that were taped that day that weren't released?
__________________
I'll show up to ur front door with a pair of eagles.....I'm talkin actual birds.

Carter Deems>>>>>>

Last edited by rocky; 01-18-2014 at 11:41 PM.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Good questions.

I assume people got the refunds, or someone would have called BRA complaining like they did after the event wondering when they would get them.

No idea about the lawsuit against webster hall and no idea if any battles weren't released.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
Gene Oakland
Anti-White White
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Gene Oakland is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Good questions.

I assume people got the refunds, or someone would have called BRA complaining like they did after the event wondering when they would get them.

No idea about the lawsuit against webster hall and no idea if any battles weren't released.
Wasn't there a video of Beasley telling people outside Armageddon no refunds but if they had 20 bucks and cab fare they could ride across town and catch the rest of the battles of which one was actually completed? Doubt they sued Webster Hall or if they did it's buried in the NYC civil courts docket. But whatever happened they haven't recovered. They lost out on Lux vs Hollow, did the shoe convention show (which kind of paints a weird picture financially that they would let the greatest stage in battling be an afterthought at a fucking fashion event). They have no big match-ups in the works that I know of, not even rumors. BET probably paid well for the tourney but that whole thing was a shit show too. Basically, a huge budget and slick talk can't make up for their apparent lack of professionalism. 2014 needs to be their best year ever to not get backburnered by UW and KOTD.
Gene Oakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
yomama
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,967
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
yomama is a PY Poster
for refunds call 555 5555 area code of your choice


smack got insurance its the rules

Last edited by yomama; 01-18-2014 at 08:40 PM.
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
rocky
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Oakland View Post
Wasn't there a video of Beasley telling people outside Armageddon no refunds but if they had 20 bucks and cab fare they could ride across town and catch the rest of the battles of which one was actually completed? Doubt they sued Webster Hall or if they did it's buried in the NYC civil courts docket. But whatever happened they haven't recovered. They lost out on Lux vs Hollow, did the shoe convention show (which kind of paints a weird picture financially that they would let the greatest stage in battling be an afterthought at a fucking fashion event). They have no big match-ups in the works that I know of, not even rumors. BET probably paid well for the tourney but that whole thing was a shit show too. Basically, a huge budget and slick talk can't make up for their apparent lack of professionalism. 2014 needs to be their best year ever to not get backburnered by UW and KOTD.
The "20 bucks and cab fare" thing u mentioned I believe was gramercy theatre which also got shutdown. And they ended the night at pyramids, home of eow (where they shot conceited vs surf).
__________________
I'll show up to ur front door with a pair of eagles.....I'm talkin actual birds.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
Bigzero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,869
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Yeah everybody got their money back.

The Yung Ill vs JC and Tsu Surf vs Con were free.

They didnt tape anything else but them two battles.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #7
Bigzero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,869
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Oakland View Post
Wasn't there a video of Beasley telling people outside Armageddon no refunds but if they had 20 bucks and cab fare they could ride across town and catch the rest of the battles of which one was actually completed? Doubt they sued Webster Hall or if they did it's buried in the NYC civil courts docket. But whatever happened they haven't recovered. They lost out on Lux vs Hollow, did the shoe convention show (which kind of paints a weird picture financially that they would let the greatest stage in battling be an afterthought at a fucking fashion event). They have no big match-ups in the works that I know of, not even rumors. BET probably paid well for the tourney but that whole thing was a shit show too. Basically, a huge budget and slick talk can't make up for their apparent lack of professionalism. 2014 needs to be their best year ever to not get backburnered by UW and KOTD.
Talk about Hating!

This subject is about armageddon LOL!

Also URL will not miss out on the loaded lux vs Hollow battle, trust me that shit will be a disapointment.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,714
Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yes everyone was refunded

And yes, they did all the battles from that event and they have all been released on URL

Diz vs Rex
Surf vs con
Suge vs bill
JC vs yung ill
Math vs dose
K shine vs DNA
Goodz vs X factor

And yea I was there waiting in line, shit was wack

Rocky didn't u make this thread once before or am I trippin?

And @Gene Oakland they have something huge in the works for nome 4 as far as rumors go
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #9
rocky
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Yes everyone was refunded

And yes, they did all the battles from that event and they have all been released on URL

Diz vs Rex
Surf vs con
Suge vs bill
JC vs yung ill
Math vs dose
K shine vs DNA
Goodz vs X factor

And yea I was there waiting in line, shit was wack

Rocky didn't u make this thread once before or am I trippin?

And @Gene Oakland they have something huge in the works for nome 4 as far as rumors go
Nope, maybe u confused me with someone else.
__________________
I'll show up to ur front door with a pair of eagles.....I'm talkin actual birds.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #10
rocky
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Yeah everybody got their money back.

The Yung Ill vs JC and Tsu Surf vs Con were free.

They didnt tape anything else but them two battles.
Yung ill vs jc was free? I thought gramercy wouldn't honor the tickets from Webster hall?

Nonetheless, I'm glad folks were refunded their loot. It's fucked up how the venue treated smack. Finding a venue is so tough in ny, cuz I have heard venues doin similar shit to promoters for even non-battle shit.
__________________
I'll show up to ur front door with a pair of eagles.....I'm talkin actual birds.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #11
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,714
Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Surf vs con was later that night at the pyramid cafe and there was I think a $20 entry fee in a joint venture with EOW
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM   #12
Gene Oakland
Anti-White White
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Gene Oakland is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Yes everyone was refunded

And yes, they did all the battles from that event and they have all been released on URL

Diz vs Rex
Surf vs con
Suge vs bill
JC vs yung ill
Math vs dose
K shine vs DNA
Goodz vs X factor

And yea I was there waiting in line, shit was wack

Rocky didn't u make this thread once before or am I trippin?

And @Gene Oakland they have something huge in the works for nome 4 as far as rumors go
That's what I need to hear. I really want URL to get their shit together because honestly it hey probably have put on more of my favorite battles than any other promotion.
Gene Oakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #13
yomama
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,967
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
yomama is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Yes everyone was refunded
thats good business
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:54 AM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird
 
Abstrakt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,404
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post

And @Gene Oakland they have something huge in the works for nome 4 as far as rumors go
a mook vs lux rematch? oh wait... URL doesn't take chances so they force mediocrity down our respective throats...
__________________
GOAT

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:09 AM   #15
Bigzero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,869
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
a mook vs lux rematch? oh wait... URL doesn't take chances so they force mediocity down our respective throats...
What are u talking about?

B magic,Chilla Jones,Qleen,Bigg K and Danja Zone all come out of the pg's (all of them top talent).

Mook and Lux came from Smack dvds.

URL took the biggest chance by bringing the Legends back for sm2!

They paid mook 20k which was a Risk that didnt prove to be good for them.

URL takes alot of risk, u just choose to ignore them.

And now u want them to set up a Rematch of a battle they already have?

Think before u speak....
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #16
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird
 
Abstrakt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,404
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
^did they REALLY? i had NO IDEA!






some people take this shit too srsly
__________________
GOAT

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #17
yomama
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,967
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
yomama is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
What are u talking about?

B magic,Chilla Jones,Qleen,Bigg K and Danja Zone all come out of the pg's (all of them top talent).

Mook and Lux came from Smack dvds.

URL took the biggest chance by bringing the Legends back for sm2!

They paid mook 20k which was a Risk that didnt prove to be good for them.

URL takes alot of risk, u just choose to ignore them.

And now u want them to set up a Rematch of a battle they already have?

Think before u speak....
sm2 is the biggest event in url history and sorry but i wanna see mook vs lux rematch a lot more than hollow vs lux
20k was well worth it if you count the promo and the fact that a sponsor paid part of it+ good performance by mook
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,554
Threads: 27,239
Posts: 734,680
Total Online: 2693

Newest Member: atysilezy

Latest Threads
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:17 AM.