Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Is Fresco still a Trump supporter? (Part 2)

Old 01-10-2021, 01:50 AM   #1
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is Fresco still a Trump supporter? (Part 2)

Most viewed thread in hall of shame history?

I'll take that

Well it's been 4 years since that thread was released, and I'd say there's quite a bit to reflect on. So how does everyone feel about it, are there any young repubs left here on the forum? Were you a a supporter once and since jumped ship like most of his cabinet including his VP? If so, what was the final straw for you? How do we feel about hard right Republicans in battle rap?

More to the point... is Fresco still a Trump supporter?

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:14 AM   #2
Profess
is consistently top 5

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Some people are eagar to label anyone that doesn't shill for the democrats as a "Trump supporter."

Would you agree that "Trump supporter" is a loaded term?
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Emancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Some people are eagar to label anyone that doesn't shill for the democrats as a "Trump supporter."
Honestly, there are Trump supporters and Trump supporters. Much like there are Democrats and then there are the liberal leftie types that even other Dems hate. Honestly, I suspect that 99% of the population fall into neither camp, but for some reason the mass media wants everyone to believe that these people are more representative than they actually are. The Antifa, Nazis, New KKK and all these groups are a fraction of a % of each side's supporters, but for some bizarre reason the mass media wants to remind you of them at every occasion.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
Profess
is consistently top 5

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Honestly, there are Trump supporters and Trump supporters. Much like there are Democrats and then there are the liberal leftie types that even other Dems hate. Honestly, I suspect that 99% of the population fall into neither camp, but for some reason the mass media wants everyone to believe that these people are more representative than they actually are. The Antifa, Nazis, New KKK and all these groups are a fraction of a % of each side's supporters, but for some bizarre reason the mass media wants to remind you of them at every occasion.
Right on. It's a shame that more people in the US don't take a more nuanced look at politics
Old 01-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #5
Profess
is consistently top 5

There is a good rebuttal for Fresco to write about this with "Chicago School" being the punchline.

The set up describing the economic spectrum: Marxism, Keynes, Friedman, Austrian
Old 01-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Right on. It's a shame that more people in the US don't take a more nuanced look at politics
i think a line was crossed A LONG TIME AGO to where if you support Trump - youre being complicit in a disastrous monarchy and it really starts to reflect on you.

initially, i understood the people who didnt like government and wanted more of their paycheck voting for trump. but man, he has been so FUCKING unpresidential that you should have some common sense not to support the guy.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #7
bobbylight

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
bobbylight is better than Grind Time Australiabobbylight is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Would you agree that "Trump supporter" is a loaded term?
lol we found a trump supporter. It is a loaded term because Trump is a despicable human being. Obama supporter, not as controversial. Nazi supporter, very controversial.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #8
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
lol we found a trump supporter. It is a loaded term because Trump is a despicable human being. Obama supporter, not as controversial. Nazi supporter, very controversial.
I can see you are angry. I'm mad about what happened at the capital too. But I don't watch cable news or vote so there is no way that I am a Trump supporter. You're proving my point here by labeling me a Trump supporter because I'm not falling I'm line with a mob mentality. @Emancee had it right when he said there are Trump supporters and then there are Trump supporters. Some Trump supporters are alt right extremists.. I'm certainly not that. But if you want to call me a Trump supporter because I don't think government intervention in the economy is always the answer then you don't understand politics. You should look in the mirror closely and then tell us if you live a completely moral life before you go around condeming other people. Shame on you..
Old 01-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #9
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
i think a line was crossed A LONG TIME AGO to where if you support Trump - youre being complicit in a disastrous monarchy and it really starts to reflect on you.

initially, i understood the people who didnt like government and wanted more of their paycheck voting for trump. but man, he has been so FUCKING unpresidential that you should have some common sense not to support the guy.
I hear what you are saying.. I think. Is it your opinion that anyone that doesn't support Biden is a Trump supporter?
Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 PM   #10
Hughms

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
Quote:
I can see you are angry. I'm mad about what happened at the capital too. But I don't watch cable news or vote so there is no way that I am a Trump supporter. You're proving my point here by labeling me a Trump supporter because I'm not falling I'm line with a mob mentality. @Emancee had it right when he said there are Trump supporters and then there are Trump supporters. Some Trump supporters are alt right extremists.. I'm certainly not that. But if you want to call me a Trump supporter because I don't think government intervention in the economy is always the answer then you don't understand politics. You should look in the mirror closely and then tell us if you live a completely moral life before you go around condeming other people. Shame on you..

Did you vote for Trump?
Hughms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:18 AM   #11
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughms View Post
Did you vote for Trump?
I said in my post that I didn't vote, so no I didn't vote for Trump. Weird that you missed that.

Not all conservatives are "Trump supporters" even if they voted for him. Which is my point, and the reason I'm stating that "Trump Supporter" is a loaded term.

Having said that, I am a moderate. I didn't see either candidate representing my views, and that is why I didn't vote in the presidential election. Which is a statement on it's own, having nothing to do with apathy towards the electoral college system.

Did you vote, if so, for whom, and why?

Last edited by Profess; 01-11-2021 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:54 AM   #12
Hughms

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
Quote:
I said in my post that I didn't vote, so no I didn't vote for Trump. Weird that you missed that.

Not all conservatives are "Trump supporters" even if they voted for him. Which is my point, and the reason I'm stating that "Trump Supporter" is a loaded term.

Having said that, I am a moderate. I didn't see either candidate representing my views, and that is why I didn't vote in the presidential election. Which is a statement on it's own, having nothing to do with apathy towards the electoral college system.

Did you vote, if so, for whom, and why?
Reading back, I see that you said you didn't vote.

I disagree that "Trump supporter" is a loaded term, especially as applied to Trump voters. What indicates support for something/something more than a vote? I, like many if not most of Biden's voters, am lukewarm on the guy, but I voted for him and have no qualms with being labeled a "supporter" of his. Sure, it may be more accurate to label me a "climate change is real supporter" or a "more compassionate healthcare system supporter" but to labor over such distinctions seems like a fairly pointless exercise in semantics.
Hughms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:06 AM   #13
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
Reading back, I see that you said you didn't vote.

I disagree that "Trump supporter" is a loaded term, especially as applied to Trump voters. What indicates support for something/something more than a vote? I, like many if not most of Biden's voters, am lukewarm on the guy, but I voted for him and have no qualms with being labeled a "supporter" of his. Sure, it may be more accurate to label me a "climate change is real supporter" or a "more compassionate healthcare system supporter" but to labor over such distinctions seems like a fairly pointless exercise in semantics.
What indicates support for someone more than a vote? That is a good question. Perhaps giving him a backrub when he is stressed out would be providing Don more support at that moment than a vote would.

Since you are lukewarm on Biden, I consider you as someone that made a pragmatic decision, not a Biden supporter. It seems like you voted for him because his rhetoric resonates more with your beliefs than the alternative.

However, in the current climate, I view semantics as important especially when divisive comments are thrown around loosely. Even moreso if they are disengenious.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:25 AM   #14
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
in this thread a lot of people who have it all figured out </sarcasm>
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:46 AM   #15
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
How much rent does your mom charge you for living in her basement?
Old 01-11-2021, 01:51 AM   #16
Emancee

Emancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICE
Quote:
I disagree that "Trump supporter" is a loaded term
You don't think that a 'He's a Trump supporter' implies something different from 'He's a Republican' or 'He's a conservative'. I also think even 'He's right-wing' is starting to get poisoned, but that's a debate for a different day.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 01-11-2021, 01:52 AM   #17
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I think that's why everyone is having this discussion. People who are convinced of their politics generally don't discuss but lecture.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #18
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
hmmmm.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"
sleeping dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #19
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I can't recall the last time Fresco even mentioned Trump, and I work with him
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 AM   #20
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think that's why everyone is having this discussion. People who are convinced of their politics generally don't discuss but lecture.
i feel like people put on 'discussing' but wanna shout each other down with nonsense concealed as "discussion' while they really aren't open to considering anything outside wherever they are at with the topic.
that said, I don't think I was communicating my point well in the first place, and i lack the words now too as far as i can tell, so I'll just leave it at that

Last edited by Feral Linguist; 04-30-2021 at 01:52 AM.
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #21
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
yeah because he lost and you weasels have to scurry back in ur hole

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #22
bobbylight

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
bobbylight is better than Grind Time Australiabobbylight is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
In what capacity?
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote