Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Frak got robbed

Old 09-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #41
Profess
is consistently top 5

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Does Frak's big "moment" anticipating the paper slap constitute victory?
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #42
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Illmac's breakdown of the battle

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/747321796
Phaget Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #43
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
damn just watched this. frak w/the gentleman's 30 tbh. dizaster lost every round.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"
sleeping dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:54 PM   #44
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Found it
No Bootlegs
Old 09-21-2020, 06:33 PM   #45
sleeping dogs

sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post

quick summary of this: illmac has great criticism for both and he thought that frak won, but didn't win by wide enough of a margin and thinks the battle is closer than the consensus seems to think.

Last edited by sleeping dogs; 09-21-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #46
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post

ilmac with hair might be one of the most strangest sights ever
Old 09-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #47
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Frak got the W. Not close.
Smooth offense, high middle the news conference"
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:35 PM   #48
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
"one time i bodied reverse live... i just danced on stage and i won the battle"

DBD.

Yeah, i remember this. Was never a frak guy, but i found myself being on his side on this one.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #49
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
Frak got the W. Not close.
was it similar to marv robbing pat stay?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #50
sleeping dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
hm idk about that. i'll say that frak had good angles, outwrote dizaster, and had the bigger moments/haymakers each round and had the biggest moment of the event w/the papers. dizaster was regular dizaster during round 1 which was the closest, and his 2nd and 3rd round ended short and very flat as if there was material he had forgotten.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #51
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Quote:
Worse imo. Not only was it not close but it was a very bad showing from Diz.
Smooth offense, high middle the news conference"
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #52
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I had Diz winning 2-1. No blatant robbery any way you look at it, could've gone either way.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #53
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2915 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
I had Diz winning 2-1. No blatant robbery any way you look at it, could've gone either way.
C'mon, Erik. The fact you gave it to Diz 2-1 and actively hate Frak should be indication to you that Frak won.

What rounds did Diz win? What's your case for the second or third for Diz? Diz talking about how Frak doesn't kill no dragons? The second where he rambles and then goes on about how jews killed rap? What was "good" in Diz's material?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #54
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
C'mon, Erik. The fact you gave it to Diz 2-1 and actively hate Frak should be indication to you that Frak won.

What rounds did Diz win? What's your case for the second or third for Diz? Diz talking about how Frak doesn't kill no dragons? The second where he rambles and then goes on about how jews killed rap? What was "good" in Diz's material?
First two rounds. Not gonna go into the content

Also, you hate a lot of battle rappers. Doesn't mean you can't judge a battle. My opinion is worth about the same as anyone else's. Which is none btw.

PS: I don't hate frak, not a fan but don't hate him in any fashion
Old 09-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #55
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:

Also, you hate a lot of battle rappers. Doesn't mean you can't judge a battle. My opinion is worth about the same as anyone else's. Which is none btw.

Calicoe's third must've beat Lux's and Hitman must've beat Verb. I'm fine hearing about what content you thought was good, but Frak's second was round of the battle and was the biggest moment of the event. I know you don't think someone won just because they have better lines, so what did Diz do better in that round?

Anyways, it's fine. Diz had all of the advantages online and lost badly. He has way more fans than Frak and lost in those fans' eyes. Everyone who doesn't have a personal issue with Frak seems to agree.

Oh well. Diz lost to Frak and Covid is really happening.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 09-21-2020, 09:25 PM   #56
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Quote:
Calicoe's third must've beat Lux's and Hitman must've beat Verb. I'm fine hearing about what content you thought was good, but Frak's second was round of the battle and was the biggest moment of the event. I know you don't think someone won just because they have better lines, so what did Diz do better in that round?

Anyways, it's fine. Diz had all of the advantages online and lost badly. He has way more fans than Frak and lost in those fans' eyes. Everyone who doesn't have a personal issue with Frak seems to agree.

Oh well. Diz lost to Frak and Covid is really happening.
That's cool but nobody's ever going to be okay with me expressing my opinion. When I said Cass beat Dizaster people said I hate Dizaster. In reality it's because I liked Cass better in the battle, whether it be his writing (which I liked far more), overall vibe and stylistically.

I liked Dizaster's better than I liked Frak's style. I also don't think it's stupid to think Frak won, because he had some clever strategy and outstrategized him. Didn't outshine what I felt to be an outclassing in writing and overall stuff I personally enjoy.

The content was also cool to me but we both know I'm not gonna be as offended and hurt about Dizaster's conspiracy theories as others. Some of which was not conspiracy and actual truth, like him being privileged etc. Social commentary goes both ways.

3rd round I felt was the most awkward ending from Diz and Frak ended with momentum which made me think Frak would win the decision. I hardly ever agree with the decision so this wouldn't have shocked me. I was half right because the online polls seemed to reflect what I've always thought, and that's that the last round is most important in a battle, but the judges didn't seem to agree. I don't think it's coincidence that they were in the building and Diz is a lot easier to beat on tape than he is in the room.

PS: don't care about covid
Old 09-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #57
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
That's cool but nobody's ever going to be okay with me expressing my opinion. When I said Cass beat Dizaster people said I hate Dizaster. In reality it's because I liked Cass better in the battle, whether it be his writing (which I liked far more), overall vibe and stylistically.

I liked Dizaster's better than I liked Frak's style. I also don't think it's stupid to think Frak won, because he had some clever strategy and outstrategized him. Didn't outshine what I felt to be an outclassing in writing and overall stuff I personally enjoy.

The content was also cool to me but we both know I'm not gonna be as offended and hurt about Dizaster's conspiracy theories as others. Some of which was not conspiracy and actual truth, like him being privileged etc. Social commentary goes both ways.

3rd round I felt was the most awkward ending from Diz and Frak ended with momentum which made me think Frak would win the decision. I hardly ever agree with the decision so this wouldn't have shocked me. I was half right because the online polls seemed to reflect what I've always thought, and that's that the last round is most important in a battle, but the judges didn't seem to agree. I don't think it's coincidence that they were in the building and Diz is a lot easier to beat on tape than he is in the room.

PS: don't care about covid
Come on, Erik. You were in the same Twitch chat I was. You called it Diz 2-0 before Frak rapped. You clearly have an agenda against Frak and I don't really get it.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #58
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Quote:
Come on, Erik. You were in the same Twitch chat I was. You called it Diz 2-0 before Frak rapped. You clearly have an agenda against Frak and I don't really get it.
I called it 2-0 and it became 2-1
Old 09-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #59
Profess
is consistently top 5

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Do you have a theory on Erik's alleged hate for Frak?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #60
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:

I don't think Diz's content is what won the battle. He won due to body language
Old 09-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #61
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I don't think Diz's content is what won the battle. He won due to body language
Body language has a lot to do with it, but tbh that's just in general. Boxing isn't about how many punches you throw, it's lots of factors, and I think battle rap is similar albeit more subjective. I'm a fan of Dizaster's patterns and I've always been a pattern based writer, to anyone who's known me

As for your question about my frak distaste, I met him in person and he rubbed me the wrong way (nh), but as a battle rapper he just also isn't my thing. Not gonna say anything egregiously hateful about him or break down anything I disliked in his material, but I didn't think it was even close enough to a robbery to justify the flogging everyone is giving KOTD over it. It's corny, frankly and I'm gonna play devil's advocate as usual because I feel it's important. Usually if someone I don't particularly like loses, I stay quiet and enjoy. This is not me tryna take wind out of his sails and moreso tryna say I thought Diz was dope and it was close enough that if anyone is saying it was an obvious jerking, I'd suggest they're probably in a lot of group chats, some of which have Frak in them
Old 09-21-2020, 10:28 PM   #62
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Dizaster's delivery won that battle for him. I see how people think Frak took it by doing better than anyone expected him to. Frak's occupation bar in round 1 was fire.

Diz's 2nd was fire (Cut me the check/check your privilege). Frak played him with the extra papers that was dope but honestly that was it. The conspiracy angle was no better than Diz talking about aliens vs DNA.

I think everyone agrees on rd3. It does come down to how you look at round 1 honestly, and Diz clearly forgot his last bars. I don't see how the 2nd was close aside form the papers antics.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:37 PM   #63
erfworm

erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Best thing about the battle was short rounds so that Diz weird ramblings get kept to a minimum. Dont really get what other people are seeing from Frak though, I didnt care for any of his rounds and can see why judges would just give it to Diz.

Tournament setup and quick prep turnaround probably mean the battlers are spreading material thin.
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:38 PM   #64
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Crazy how virtually everyone agrees, yet.. They don't 😅

It's almost like, it was debatable
Old 09-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #65
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post

but i’m really baffled at two things here

1. allowing judges to watch other judges make their decisions on cam before submitting their votes

2. forcing the judges to make their judgements with both battlers right next to them
Yeah, I just watched the judging segment again, and they can’t do this next time. This definitely had an impact on the decision.

One thing that kinda annoyed me is how one of the judges tried to call it a tie. How in the hell did he think that that was an acceptable answer for a judge to give?

*edit

Another thing, the first judge was lowkey disrespectful to Frak in a way I found both amusing and aggravating, bc after giving Diz the 2nd round, he said something like “the paper thing was dope, but it was just like... you know... a paper thing” like he wasn’t very impressed by, but still felt compelled to both acknowledge and downplay it. All of their explanations were generic af, like the other dude calling the first 2 rounds ties bc he “loved both of their approaches the whole battle”. No one even quoted any standout lines. I really enjoy judged battles, I’m glad kotd is bringing it back, but I forgot how hilariously clueless some of the judges can be sometimes smh

Last edited by 6000GP; 09-21-2020 at 11:18 PM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:06 AM   #66
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Dizaster's delivery won that battle for him. I see how people think Frak took it by doing better than anyone expected him to. Frak's occupation bar in round 1 was fire.

Diz's 2nd was fire (Cut me the check/check your privilege). Frak played him with the extra papers that was dope but honestly that was it. The conspiracy angle was no better than Diz talking about aliens vs DNA.

I think everyone agrees on rd3. It does come down to how you look at round 1 honestly, and Diz clearly forgot his last bars. I don't see how the 2nd was close aside form the papers antics.
You know Diz is legitimately on social media all the time talking about COVID being a conspiracy nut, right? Diz has legit gone nuts and so the angle was good. Diz's delivery was good but what was he actually saying? His second had something like "Drop you off in Wakanda with a sign that says 'Die Obama'". It's rambling gibberish.

Diz's body language. He showed up dressed in swat gear and tried to punk someone he has about 70 pounds on. It was really weird. His entire approach sucked.

Frak's approach in every round was good outside of his third. The third I didn't really get.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #67
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
You know Diz is legitimately on social media all the time talking about COVID being a conspiracy, right? Diz has legit gone nuts and so the angle was good. Diz's delivery was good but what was he actually saying? His second had something like "Drop you off in Wakanda with a sign that says 'Die Obama'". It's rambling gibberish.

Diz's body language. He showed up dressed in swat gear and tried to punk someone he has about 70 pounds on. It was really weird. His entire approach sucked.

Frak's approach in every round was good outside of his third. The third I didn't really get.
I felt like Frak didn't really pull it off well is all. I know Diz is a conspiracy theorist Trumper. I also know that The Saurus will put on a clinic as to how to clown him for it.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:05 AM   #68
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
open your third eyes people

the judges called it for diz knowing it would spur the discussion needed to revive RMBVA

foreman paid the judges its so obvious

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:56 AM   #69
Emancee

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Emancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Does Frak's big "moment" anticipating the paper slap constitute victory?
Would Soul's Schumacher trap against Raptor or DNA's trap against Diz have won the round automatically?

Honestly, I don't think so, but those moments are great.

Not sure why anyone would compare Frak's moment to Lux's though. Lux's was an entire round crafted with a theme, purpose and perfectly written material leading to one moment. Frak's was a single idea that only fed somewhat into the rest of his round. Worlds apart in terms of skill and talent.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-22-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #70
rogermellie

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
As a top Diz hater I don't think this was a huge robbery. Frak won, but only just.

The judging was the best part of the battle- so clumsy, half-arsed and awkward- I don't think judging has or will ever work for battles, but at least it can add some extra entertainment. If I was in this tournament I wouldn't be worried because Diz won, but by that whole set-up. The judges shouldn't be voting in front of each other, or the battlers, and they shouldn't have to explain their reasoning as they give their decision either. Just have them tick a box on a card, they can come back for breakdowns during intermissions.
Quote:
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.

Last edited by rogermellie; 09-22-2020 at 04:22 PM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #71
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
open your third eyes people

the judges called it for diz knowing it would spur the discussion needed to revive RMBVA

foreman paid the judges its so obvious
i was gonna say something along these lines. i guess this is a KOTD board

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #72
Emancee

Emancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICEEmancee is NICE
Quote:
i was gonna say something along these lines. i guess this is a KOTD board
Contentious result in the URL battles

Moderately contentious KOTD battle :
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #73
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

I haven’t seen the battle so I won’t say who should’ve won. Personally, I find that frAk has been a better writer than diz and diz has a delivery that is 10x better. I tend to go with delivery over material when it’s relatively close.

I think diz always has the potential to be great but if he’s talking covid conspiracies then he’s a piece of shit.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-22-2020, 12:20 PM   #74
erfworm

erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
How does the judging work on Caffeine? I used it for the first time this weekend and thought it was a decent way to watch battles, noticed after the battles a split percentage vote comes up on screen, is that by app users voting live?
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #75
Profess
is consistently top 5

Quote:
I haven’t seen the battle so I won’t say who should’ve won. Personally, I find that frAk has been a better writer than diz and diz has a delivery that is 10x better. I tend to go with delivery over material when it’s relatively close.

I think diz always has the potential to be great but if he’s talking covid conspiracies then he’s a piece of shit.
The judges were a real problem for KOTD. In an interview, Frak said that Lush pulled 4 guys from Project Blowed a few days before. Granted those guys are LA legends but I suspect they are all older and out of tune with certain aspects of the culture. For example, Frak dropped a QAnon bar on Diz and it was revealed that one of the judges didn't know what QAnon was.. so a potential banger was actually an airball.

Frak had good writing but lackluster conviction. Diz had the delivery but I think a stronger attribute for him is presence.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #76
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
How does the judging work on Caffeine? I used it for the first time this weekend and thought it was a decent way to watch battles, noticed after the battles a split percentage vote comes up on screen, is that by app users voting live?
Caffeine is 4 judges via skype. One is method man, can’t recall the other three until i drink some coffee... but it does have me thinking

This is an event produced for a remote audience, without the possibility of anyone attending live, enjoyed by tens of thousands of people remotely and no fans in the building, the performers are preparing for and performing strictly for the remote fans, so why are we judging these battles “in the building” ???

It makes sense at a live event where the crowd is a factor and you need to win “the room” over. But when “the room” doesn’t exist, or is actually a virtual room spread across the globe, why are we gonna let 4 of the 10 people who are there try to tell 10,000 of us watching how to feel about what we all just saw?
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #77
Seanzo
We in here

Frak could've battled a wet diaper and some people here would've been like "yo but diaper had more presence".
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-22-2020, 03:12 PM   #78
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
You'd have to think KOTD is pretty elated with how all of this played compared to the worst case scenario.

-The battle regenerated discussion/excitement for KOTD after they went through quite the lull in activity during the pandemic.

-KOTD keeps their biggest star in the tournament

-Frak doesn't care enough about the outcome to egg on the smear campaign against KOTD for how poorly the judging was organized. He's happy enough with how the battle/his performance will enhance his professional brand as an artist/content creator.

-The judging issue happened early enough in the tournament that KOTD can address it right away and not allow similar problems to hamper future battles/outcomes.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #79
Emancee

Quote:
Frak could've battled a wet diaper and some people here would've been like "yo but diaper had more presence".
A diaper would have similar levels of presence. That guy needs to get laid, take all the drugs, learn to speak from his chest, go on an around the world tour and maybe, just maybe, he'll stop coming with those beta male vibes.

J/K but I don't think anyone is arguing that Frak has anything close to the type of presence and charisma to win the judges over that way. It's bars or exit for guys like him.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #80
sleeping dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
You'd have to think KOTD is pretty elated with how all of this played compared to the worst case scenario.

-The battle regenerated discussion/excitement for KOTD after they went through quite the lull in activity during the pandemic.

-KOTD keeps their biggest star in the tournament

-Frak doesn't care enough about the outcome to egg on the smear campaign against KOTD for how poorly the judging was organized. He's happy enough with how the battle/his performance will enhance his professional brand as an artist/content creator.

-The judging issue happened early enough in the tournament that KOTD can address it right away and not allow similar problems to hamper future battles/outcomes.
ya this is it right here. good post.

Tags
128074, 128514, 128517, 8217, 8220, 8221